Our family has a long, rich history in the well services industry.
Here at Yadkin Well Company, we have been servicing the Yadkin County, North Carolina area since 1964 in order to help our neighbors have the highest quality water when they need it.
- 1964: Jack Brown bought Yadkin Well Company, and it began operating with Jack and Vaughn Brown drilling residential water wells.
- 1974: We added water well pump installation and repairs to our services.
- 1976: Jack’s sons (Vaughn, Mark, and David) purchased the company.
- 1978: With our gained expertise over the years, we began working with municipalities to drill their water wells.
- 1986: We know that not every well should be abandoned when it starts underperforming, so we learned how to fix it. This is when we started offering hydrofracking to our customers.
- 1997: With the tools already in hand, our knowledge of water, our knowledge of the area, and our passion to help others, we decided to further our education and begin offering geothermal drilling and installation. This not only helps our neighbors, but also helps preserve our natural resources.
- 2012: Mark Brown was bought out of the company by David’s son, Matthew Brown.
- Today: We continue to grow, learn, and teach as we provide clean and healthy water to our clients on projects of all sizes.
David grew up in Hamptonville, North Carolina as the youngest son of Jack Brown, who turned Yadkin Well Company into a family business when he bought out the original owner (Stanford Steelman) in 1964. During summer vacations and on weekends, he and his brothers would take turns operating the rig. When his father came down with an illness in 1976, David and his brothers decided to buy their father out when David was a senior in high school. Since purchasing the company, they have incorporated the business, and David has become the Vice President of what is now Yadkin Well Company, Inc. David is still active in the field, and he is also part of the North Carolina Ground Water Association.
David has enjoyed serving with the NC Baptists on mission trips across the country and internationally. In doing so, he has traveled to Haiti with his son and co-owner, Matthew, to drill water wells with Healing Hands International.
Beginning in 1964, at the age of 14, Vaughn helped his father, Jack Brown, after school and on the weekends at Yadkin Well Company. Vaughn has earned an Associate Degree in Electronics from Forsyth Tech. in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, along with serving in the Air National Guard from 1970-1976. He began working full-time at Yadkin Well Company in 1971 and helped take it over from his father in 1976.
Utilizing his knowledge gained in the drilling business to help others around the world, he has been going on volunteer mission trips, alone or with family, to many international locations since 1985, with 50 completed missions so far.
Matthew grew up on the drilling rig, tagging along with his father and uncles every chance he had. Matt repaired and installed pumps in the evenings after high school and college. Then, due to the “big drought” of 2002, Matt left college to drill. Late in 2012, Mark, Matt’s uncle and one of the owners of the company, retired due to poor health, and Matt then became the third owner in his place.
Matt has a passion for helping folks have good, clean water. He is active in the local community as part of the Board of Directors of North Carolina Ground Water Association. He has also followed this passion to other countries as well, traveling with Vaughn to Indonesia after the 2005 tsunami to install a water treatment system and taking yearly trips to drill wells in Haiti since 2010. He has taken these opportunities to become a drilling instructor both domestically and internationally too. Matt has a driller’s heart and is proud to be carrying the family business into its third generation.