Your well pump is responsible for pumping water to your home’s storage tank, where it’s available and ready for you to use when you need it. If something goes wrong with your well pump, you could run out of water going to your home. Watch out for these signs that you need to get your well pump fixed.
- Spitting water—Does water spit or burst out from your faucets when you turn them on? This could be a sign that your well pump isn’t working properly.
- A pump that runs constantly—If your well pump isn’t working correctly or working efficiently, it might run nonstop. One of the most common causes is a leak in the suction line.
- Lack of water—If you flush a toilet or turn on a faucet and no water comes out, your well pump might have stopped working completely.
- Water pressure changes—Low water pressure can mean your well pump isn’t working like it should.
- Strange noises from the pump—You’re probably familiar with how your well pump sounds on a regular day. If your pump starts making unusual sounds, this could indicate a bearing or a moving part within your pump is failing.