Your well supplies your home with fresh, clean water day in and day out. Because your well is such an important feature of your home, proper water well maintenance should be one of your top priorities. Here are some of our top tips for taking better care of your home’s well.
- Don’t service your own well—Whatever you do, don’t try and service your own well. Water well maintenance and repairs should be left up to a knowledgeable, qualified professional, like us at Yadkin Well Company.
- Invest in preventative maintenance—With wells, small, correctable problems can quickly turn into major, expensive issues. Because of this, putting the time and money to maintain your well upfront is worth it and often less costly than putting off maintenance and needed repairs.
- Check your well annually—Plan on having a water well maintenance inspection performed on an annual basis. And if you ever notice a change in the appearance, odor, or taste of your water, schedule an inspection with us right away.
- Keep hazardous materials away from your well—Keep harmful materials that could contaminate your water supply away from your well. Some of these hazardous materials include motor oil, fertilizer, paint, and pesticides.
- Watch when working around your well—When mowing or working around your well, be careful not to damage any of its exterior components. A damaged well casing could harm the sanitary protection of your well.